Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Have You Heard of this thing Called Excercise?


Have You heard of this thing called Exercise?
From what I understand a bunch of people get in a room and move around showing all their ASS-ets to each other, sweat and groan and they call it fun. I personally hate to sweat, Do Not Like to struggle in front of a group of strangers and like to keep the groaning for more intimate moments. I don't want to offend anyone who worships the gym gods but it’s just not for me. So I'm reaching out to find a different approach to this thing called exercise. I don't want to know I'm doing it, I don't want to think about it and I don't want to smell the sweat of a room full of strangers. Is that weird? I'm having flashbacks of those dreaded high school gym days and even worse the locker room! As a chubby teen that didn't fit in and painfully shy, ashamed of my body the high school gym and locker room left permanent scars that have lasted through my adult life. Teenage Girls are ruthless!
Anyway back to the subject: On my journey to "Get Healthy" I know I need to incorporate some form of movement labeled as exercise. So I am reaching out to all of you for ideas and solutions so I can conquer my fear. Who knows maybe one day I will make it to the dreaded sweat room of strangers and make some new friends. Maybe even make peace with teenage me who would rather hide in the stinky bathroom than face Gym class.
Can Anyone HELP ME? All comments and suggestions are Greatly appreciated. And who knows your ideas may inspire a few other people to get off the couch and get moving to a new healthy lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment